Implement a .NET Data Provider

From: Francisco Jr(dot) <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Implement a .NET Data Provider
Date: 2002-04-22 21:42:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all.

I'd like to implement a .NET Data provider for
postgresql using the protocol as specified in
<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/protocol.html>.

I think this is important because there are many sites
out there that would be using ASP.NET and a postgresql
database backend. I know that they could use the ODBC
bridge but I think that a native implementation would
be cool, just as the JDBC implementation is :)

There are already implementations of .NET runtime
framework for FreeBSD
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Dndotnet/html/mssharsourcecli.asp?frame=true>
, and Linux <http://www.go-mono.org>.

I'd like to know if there is already anybody working
with something like this because I don't want to
overlap any work already done :).

Thanks in advance.

Francisco Jr.

Yahoo! Empregos
O trabalho dos seus sonhos pode estar aqui. Cadastre-se hoje mesmo no Yahoo! Empregos e tenha acesso a milhares de vagas abertas!
http://br.empregos.yahoo.com/