Which OS better for postgresql? FreeBSD or Linux?

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
To: pgsql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Which OS better for postgresql? FreeBSD or Linux?
Date: 2002-04-22 19:28:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Any advantages/major differences when running PostgreSQL on FreeBSD vs
Linux Redhat?

In particular I just noticed there are no RPMs for 7.2.1. How behind are
RPMs usually?

I am currently runnig PostgreSQL on FreeBSD, but due to some "management"
changes I may need to run it on RedHat (unless there are some real
advantages.. other than the ports are really cool :-), to continue using
FreeBSD).