Stored Procedure Trouble

From: wheelerj(at)lexmark(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored Procedure Trouble
Date: 2002-04-19 14:46:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have written a stored procedure in C that opens a file and returns it as a
varchar. The file is 1.5M in size. I then execute the stored procedure with
the following SQL.

SELECT name, GetFile() AS Test FROM dummy WHERE name = 'One';

When I do this on my Unix system via the Perl DBI it works perfectly.

When I do the same on my Windows machines via Borland C++ Builder and
the ODBC driver, two things go wrong.

1) The Query object used to invoke the SQL indicates that no records were
returned.

This seems to be a problem when any stored procedure is trigger by a SELECT
statement
regardless of the data returned. I have another stored procedure that returns
a single BYTE and it fails in the same manner. However, querries that do not
invoke
stored procedures set the RecordCount property of the C++ Builder TQuery object
correctly.

2) The data returned is truncated to 32769 BYTES when it should be 1.5M.

I have tried modifying various settings in the driver, but nothing I have
changed seems to
have any effect.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am running version 7.2 of PostgreSQL on Solaris 5.8.
I have the most recent version of the ODBC driver.
I am running version 5.0 of C++ Builder Professional on a Windows 2000 box.

Jim