Re: call the same pl/pgsql procedure twice in the same connection

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, jack <datactrl(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: call the same pl/pgsql procedure twice in the same connection
Date: 2002-04-18 16:43:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Jan, instead of doing cache invalidation to fix temporary tables, can we
> disable cached plans for functions that use temporary tables?

I was thinking of a different approach. Enhancing the SPI
manager to detect if a plan uses temporary objects and to
remember the original querystring in the SPI_plan. Having
callbacks when temp object beeing destroyed into the SPI
manager, causing it to reparse and plan on the next call to
SPI_execp() would do it for everything that uses SPI.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #