Re: Export From Postresql to a DBF File Format

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bob Powell <bob(at)hotchkiss(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Export From Postresql to a DBF File Format
Date: 2002-04-15 17:25:09
Lists: pgsql-general

MS Access can be used as a flexible tool for reshaping
data. Using MS Access on the client-side, I am able
to link to PostgreSQL tables via ODBC. Once
connected, I export data into many data formats (text
files, .dbf, Paradox, FoxPro, Excel, etc). If I need
to change the format or values of the data itself, I
do so in a query, and export the query results.

You can use this same method with other ODBC compliant
databases such as Paradox. (I would _not_ recommend
Lotus Approach for this.)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould