Patch to add real cancel to ODBC driver

From: Bradley McLean <brad(at)bradm(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch to add real cancel to ODBC driver
Date: 2002-03-27 16:28:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Patch against 7,2 submitted for comment.

It's a little messy; I had some trouble trying to reconcile the code
style of libpq which I copied from, and odbc.

Suggestions on what parts look ugly, and or where to send this
(is there a separate ODBC place?) are welcome.

This seems to work just fine; Now, when our users submit a 2 hour
query with four million row sorts by accident, then cancel it 30 seconds
later, it doesn't bog down the server ...

regards,

-Brad

Attachment Content-Type Size
odbccancel.patch text/plain 7.8 KB