please help

From: <marekza(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: please help
Date: 2002-03-19 07:39:47
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi!

Please help me if you can .. and I know you can!

I have one basic problem: i need to run PostgreSQL
with PHP on Windows 98. This is what i want to help
with.

I read some manuals and web pages and now i am in this
position:
- i have installed Apache Web Server 1.3 (binary
installation for Windows)
- i have installed PHP 4.0 (binary installation for
Windows) with configuration of php.ini
- i already run MySQL on my computer
and i read that PostgreSQL on Windows can only run
with CYGWIN. So i downloaded Cygwin installation file
from the internet /my computer is not connected to
internet/ and installed Cygwin on my computer /with
downloaded option - PostgreSQL 7.2.2/. I can run
PostgreSQL through Cygwin.exe /and work with postgre/,
but could not configure in with PHP to run. My
webbrowser inform me like this:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
in ... "

so this means, that PHP could not work with Postgre,
but i dont know how to make it run!

I have no problem with MySQL in PHP but i could not
configure PostgreSQL to run with PHP on my computer. I
am reading many many scripts and manual on the web but
could not gain understandable information about
POSTGRESQL-PHP-WINDOWS98!

Please, please, i need your help because i think that
you could help me, please!

With regards
Marek Zapach
from Slovakia