Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2002-03-14 21:33:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I no one can seem to come up with an improved file format for
pg_hba.conf so I am going to continue in the direction outlined in this
email --- basically remove the auth_argument column and make it
'auth_type=auth_arg' and add a username column, plus add the ability for
the username and database columns to use a secondary file if the column
value starts with @.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us