PostgreSQL 7.2 on Suse 7.2

From: Egon Sommer <Service(at)Sommer-Maschinenbau(dot)de>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.2 on Suse 7.2
Date: 2002-03-01 15:59:59
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi!

I have a Problem to install (update) PostgreSQL 7.2 on my Suse 7.2 system. It seems that many files in suse have different places.

I tried to install it by the rpm files of the postgresql site but RPM says: You need same files you don't have (dependencies):
e.g.:
libcom_err.so.3
libcrypto.so.2
libk5crypto.so.3
libssl.so.2
etc.

Anybody out there who has expirience with this combination of software?

Hope you can help me...

Regards
Jörg Sommer

Sommer Maschinenbau