Urgnt. - problem starting postgres

From: mohan ananthiah <techi_mohan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Urgnt. - problem starting postgres
Date: 2002-02-25 08:31:10
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I have Red Hat Linux 7.2 with Postgres 7.1.3
installed after compiling the source code with
blocksize changed to 12K. The installation goes
smooth and initialization of db is done without
any
problems. I started the postmaster and imported
the
data from an export. when I restart the postmaster
again it gives me the following messages :

DEBUG: database system was shut down at
2002-02-25
15:48:31 IST
DEBUG: ReadRecord: invalid magic number 0800 in
logfile 0 seg 56 off 2408448
DEBUG: Invalid primary checkPoint record
DEBUG: ReadRecord: invalid magic number 0800 in
logfile 0 seg 56 off 2408448
DEBUG: Invalid secondary checkPoint record
FATAL 2: Unable to locate a valid CheckPoint
record
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 3058
exited with status 512 - abort

I am unable to figure it out. Could someone
please
help me this is urgent.

Thanx for your help in advance.

Mohan A