Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.

From: Vadim Kogan <vadim(at)xcf(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: Paul A Vixie <vixie(at)vix(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.
Date: 2002-02-22 19:37:18
Lists: pgsql-patches

This looks about right. I'm not 100% sure this is the latest version, but
I'll have to wait 'till later to look at it in details. Nevertheless, this
is definitely the right starting point. Since this patch has ISC's version
of inet_*_*, this is the one that should be used.

I suggest that if you were to try this patch right away, you make a few
simple tests to make sure border cases are handled right.

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:38:53AM -0700, Paul A Vixie wrote:
> > What is that status of this patch? We are near beta.
>
> below please find a shar file containing:
>
> the latest patch to inet.h and network.c from vadim with a few tiny
> changes to the comments from me;
>
> a patch bringing inet_net_pton.c and inet_net_ntop.c up to date with
> respect to isc's changes to those files in the time since INET/CIDR
> were added, plus isc's corrected version of vadim's ipv6 changes to
> those files;
>
> the new files inet_cidr_pton.c and inet_cidr_ntop.c, containing isc's
> fixed version of vadim's ipv6 support for this api.
>
> a patch to src/backend/utils/adt/Makefile to compile the above files.

Vadim.