Re: pgbash-2.4 released

From: SAKAIDA Masaaki <sakaida(at)psn(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: PerRonne(at)mac(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbash-2.4 released
Date: 2002-02-22 02:16:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

serse(at)diku(dot)dk (Per Erik Ronne) wrote:

> SAKAIDA <sakaida(at)psn(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of pgbash-2.4.
> > http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html
>
> Does it support 8 bit characters, like the 'x' in my surname?
>
> In general: the ISO Latin 1 character set. Psql doesn't seem to do this
> automatically.

Please type as follows.

% /bin/bash ( or /usr/local/bin/pgbash )
> ch='YOUR 8 BIT CHARACTERS'
> echo $ch

If your 8 bit characters are displayed correctly, then
Pgbash can support 8 bit characters. If not, you should
apply MULTIBYTE patch for the readline or the bash parser.

Of course, PostgreSQL has to be configured with multibyte
as you know, and it is required that your terminal environment
can use MULTIBYTE.

--
SAKAIDA Masaaki