Am I Stupid or What?

From: "Brent Lassi" <brentl(at)visi(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Am I Stupid or What?
Date: 2002-02-21 03:55:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Okay, what's the word here.
Installed PostGreSQL 7.2 I believe (latest stable as of 2/20/02) on my Suse
7.2 box...no problems.

Then download pgadmin2.msi and psqlodbc.msi. Both installation programs
complain of a non-existant PostgreSQL file (they don't ge specifc about
where they are looking exactly.) Now, call me a block-head, but:

1. Why else would I download a Windows GUI unless I wanted to access a
PostgreSQL database on a remote server?

2. How could PostgreSQL EVER be installed locally when it is (as far as I
can tell) released for Posix systems only? Boggle.

Any clarification that can be made is greatly appreciated.

-Brent