Re: odbc on unix

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Carl Shelbourne <Carl(dot)Shelbourne(at)marconi(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc on unix
Date: 2002-02-20 11:57:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:01:57AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Somebody needs to take responsibility for checking the Unix version.
> Are you volunteering?

While I do not volunteer for anything that looks like it could increase my
workload I did test the 7.2 release. As pointed out by Hiroshi I did
configure our own odbc driver --with-unixodbc and installed it on top of
unixodbc.

And it works like a charm. Since I expect out ODBC code to be more
up-to-date I vote for keeping the unix version. We just have to make sure
we get all additions the unixodbc team might make. After all the Windows
version would profit from that as well.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes