Re: PostgreSQL FAQ

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Viktor Vislobokov <vvislobokov(at)lukoilperm(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL FAQ
Date: 2002-02-14 17:18:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

[ CC'ed to docs. Hope that is OK.]

These are excellent points. I have merged items 3.5 and 3.6 as you
suggested. They clearly should have been one item.

As far as disk computation, you are correct also. I improperly
estimated the size of integers in that file. I have created a more
typical file of one integer and one 20-char length string and used that
in the example. I also changed the text to say "up to five times"
rather than "six times". My new example shows roughly three times
increase so I think "up to five times" is much more accurate.

I have updated CVS and the web page so you can see my exact changes.
Thanks for the assistance.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us