Database Performance?

From: Devin <devin(at)phpcodeguru(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Performance?
Date: 2002-02-13 07:26:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Postgres Users,

I am getting ready to be a big project for this customer
and I was just curious on the performance of Postgresql 7.2?
I have seen in previous benchmarks where MySQL was a lot
faster overall than Postgres. Has 7.2 improved at all in
the performance? I want to make sure I choose the right
database since the database will be rather busy :)

Devin