SQLExecute get result to client?

From: Ludek Finstrle <xfinstrl(at)informatics(dot)muni(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQLExecute get result to client?
Date: 2002-01-27 21:47:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I have one question. It's not fatal error but very annoying thing.

My configuration:
-----------------
server - Linux RH 7.2 + postgresql 7.1.3
client - WinNT 4.0 Workstation + postgresql ODBC 7.01.00009

Problem description:
--------------------
I have application (without source) that test table with:

SQLPrepare "select * from table" with return code 0
SQLNumResultCols with return code 0
SQLDescribeCol with return code 0 (for each column)
SQLExecute with return code 0
SQLFreeStmt with return code 0

There is difference between Postgres and MSSQL ODBC. Postgres load whole
result to client in SQLExecute but MSSQL not. Table have +-500000 rows and
transfer through net takes very long time.

So my question is: Exists some patch to fix this? Or could you help me
with basic information what I have to change?

Thanks

Luf