Re: Bug in pg_dump/restore -o

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in pg_dump/restore -o
Date: 2002-01-18 04:16:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If we do want to try to maintain the original concept, it seems that the
> OID-setting code needs to be emitted in a way that would cause it to be
> executed *first* and in *all* restore modes: schema only, data only, or
> schema+data. Not sure if that's even possible given the current design
> of the archiver, but you'd know better than I.

My only comment here is that I don't see a need to set the oid counter
for a schema-only restore because there are no oid's in the schema dump
anyway.

Now, if you then do a data-only restore, you would have a problem with
the oid counter but it seems counter-intuitive for the schema-only
restore to set the oid counter. Comments, Tom?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us