ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...
Date: 2002-01-17 17:47:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Morning all ...

Been asked to look into the difficultly of converting from Oracle
embedded C -> PostgreSQL, and, so far, I'm totally lost ...

Have been given a sample file to work with, but running straight
'ecpg <filename>' on it gives errors right from the start ... read the
docs on the web site, don't seem to help much, unless I'm just reading the
wrong sections (Programmers Guide) ...

First error that comes up, for instance, is:

rmail.pc:95: ERROR: parse error at or near "("

Which appears to correspond with this line (line 96):

short dl_eagwarn= (short) DL_EAGWARN; /* lzvex980516 */

Which is in a "EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;" block ... if I get
rid of the (short), it continues on ... until it hits:

Error: Cannot open include file oraca in line 123

Okay, so that is Oracle specific ... just remove it?

Does anyone have, know of, or is starting, a doc for techdocs that
talks about converting from Oracle -> PostgreSQL embedded C?