Bug #557: triggers tablename are not rename if table are renamed.

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #557: triggers tablename are not rename if table are renamed.
Date: 2002-01-08 14:45:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sren laursen (soeren(dot)laursen(at)scrooge(dot)dk) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
triggers tablename are not rename if table are renamed.

Long Description
I had a database where I during development created a new table to test a new design. On this table postgresql automatic created triggers because it used foreign keys.

After the test went ok, I rename the table to it "production name". During al test went ok - apparently.

But today during a update run (Importing data via XML) I got complains about missing Relations where to old table name was issued.

I did a dump at (pg_dump) and looked at it and in the end I found that the triggers for example:
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "<unnamed>" AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON "alternativhold" NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE "RI_FKey_check_ins" ('<unnamed>', 'nyalternativhold', 'hold', 'UNSPECIFIED', 'holdnr', 'holdnr');

contains a reference to the old table name nyalternativhold.

I deleted the 3 triggers and the systems runs again.

Best regards

Sren,

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report