From: avadhoot(at)indya(dot)com
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2002-01-02 04:16:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi

I am using Cygwin for the first time.
I plan to use it on a Windows 2K and/or Windows NT 4.0 machine.
I followed the steps in the 'faq-mswin.html' and installed all the components.
After I start the ipc-daemon, when I run the initdb command I get the following error:

The program
'/usr/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.1.3, or there maybe a configuration problem.
This was the error message issued by that program:
/usr/bin/postgres: invalid current euid 500

Also if I run the postgres command directly it gives the following error:

postgres: invalid current euid 500

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks
Avadhoot

  • Re: at 2002-01-03 13:34:17 from Jason Tishler