localization

From: Carsten Grewe <DerReisende(at)schatzis(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: localization
Date: 2001-12-20 21:24:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am a bit lost here. I have tried to convince pgsql to show numbers with a
decimal-comma (german style) instead of the decimal-point. I was told in this
list, that the important variables are set during initdb. So I set all
variables I could imagine (LANG, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC etc. - also
LANG should have been enough in my understanding) to de_DE, made dumpall, rm
data, initdb and tried again. Still 150.54 not 150,54 in psql. I been looking
for further documentation, but it does not seem to be a big problem for most
users. I must do something wrong - could you please give me a hint.

Thanks,
Carsten