Re: system catalog relation of a table and a serial sequence

From: Brent Verner <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: system catalog relation of a table and a serial sequence
Date: 2001-12-16 02:29:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

[2001-12-15 21:12] Tom Lane said:
| While you're at it, why not fix the code so that it can deal with
| multiple SERIALs attached to a table?

will do. I'd appreciate a bit of advice on both of the issues to
be addressed.

1) Is a strcmp(firststrtok,"nextval('") == 0 sufficient to determine
that the adsrc is indeed one that we're looking for? If not,
suggestions are greatly appreciated :-)

2) Should this function now look like .. ?
char** getSerialSequenceNames(const char* table)
Or would you suggest it return a smarter struct?

thanks.
brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing." -- Duane Allman