Re: Third call for platform testing

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Third call for platform testing
Date: 2001-12-16 02:28:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > What are we doing with the SunOS port? It is failing the 'bit'
> > regression test. I can easily do the work if people tell me how they
> > want this handled.
>
> Including the necessary testing? How will you manage that?
>
> IMHO, this will not and should not get dealt with unless some SunOS
> users step up to the plate to do it. Tatsuo evidently doesn't care
> enough to do the work himself, and we haven't seen any other respondents
> for SunOS in a long time. It may be a granddaddy platform, but it's
> looking a lot like a granddaddy that's passed on.

I assume I would do the patch, Tatsuo would test it, and it would then
be applied. I work for Tatsuo now, so he doesn't have to do the work.
I can do it for him. :-)

SRA has clients running SunOS, so even though there aren't people on the
mailing list, there are users.

I can do the work and get it tested. I just want to know how people
want it fixed. Seeing as no one is saying anything, I will go ahead
with my best guess, have Tatsuo test it, and post the patch for review.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us