Retrieving notice processor

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Retrieving notice processor
Date: 2001-12-15 15:14:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

This seems a little odd... As far as I've been able to make out from the
docs, libpq makes it possible to retrieve the notice processor function
set by the client, but not the client-defined void * argument that goes
along with that function.

I'm working around this in libpqxx[1] by caching the client-defined
argument. Am I doing something unnecessary?

Jeroen

[1] My usual Shameless Plug: libpqxx is the C++ frontend to postgresql
that I'm working on. Find it at

http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/