Problem with OID wrap

From: Martin Weinberg <weinberg(at)osprey(dot)astro(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with OID wrap
Date: 2001-12-14 13:59:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Folks,

It seems that OID in one of our databases wrapped during a data
load from tape.

The wrap is quite plausible based on the volume of the database and
the number of tables that have been loaded and reloaded. I would have
thought that an OID wrap would be harmless (except in the loss of
uniqueness and meaning for any query which depended on this).
However, the user complains that part of the table disappeared? Is
this possible?

--Martin