I'll try again: multiple joins

From: daniel holtzman <daddy2times(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I'll try again: multiple joins
Date: 2001-12-07 07:15:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

I know the problem in query #2 is that I'm restricting
the results to only rows which satisfy the additional
WHERE... a.surid = $surid AND // PHP again
and therefore I'm not getting the rows where that
expression would return NULL, but I can't seem to get
my SQL (no _bad_ pun intended!) around how to treat
that restriction. Could it be that I need to do some
sub-selecting? How?

> [sorry for the length of this post, but I have many
> tables and big queries ;-)]

[please see previous post for details]

Thanks,