database system was interrupted at...

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database system was interrupted at...
Date: 2001-12-05 16:52:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I saw the above message on PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.2.0. I
looked in the sources for this message and it appears to be a startup
message. I looked at the process and while it may be that the child
processes were killed, the postmaster process is still going back to
the day I started it.

I ran this on NetBSD for many months with no problem. Does anyone know of
any issue that I need to be aware of under AIX? Can someone explain what
is happening here? I also get a lot of "The Data Base System is starting up"
and "The Data Base System is in recovery mode" messages as well.

We also had an issue the other day with processes that could not be killed.
Even kill -9 would not kill the backends. Very weird.

Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves