Bug #529: UPDATE fails after an index is changed

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #529: UPDATE fails after an index is changed
Date: 2001-12-04 00:12:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Paul Smith (paul(at)cnt(dot)org) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
UPDATE fails after an index is changed

Long Description
I had to drop and re-create an index on a table for a large insert. Then I needed to run an UPDATE on a different table that gets its values from the first table. UPDATE fails with this error message:
'ERROR: Index 6708054 does not exist'.

Sample Code
update users set office_id = offices.office_id where users.infobase_branchid = offices.infobase_branchid and users.infobase_perid >= 18140;

No file was uploaded with this report