Re: RC1 on Monday?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RC1 on Monday?
Date: 2001-11-30 21:18:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > How are we on the ports? We still have BeOS issues, right? HPUX looks
> > OK, I think, because it was a compiler problem.
>
> I think Peter is working on the uint8-configuration issue.
>
> HPUX is okay except we might want to use a different geometry regression
> file for HPUX 11. Waiting for Conway to get back on that. IRIX
> geometry may need tweaking too.
>
> We're apparently not there yet on getting libpq to report socket error
> message texts on all flavors of Windows. However, it's no worse than
> it was in 7.1, and better on at least some flavors. I'm willing to call
> it done for 7.2, and see what we can do better in 7.3.
>
> Unresolved report of porting problem on R4000 (from Hiroshi).
>
> Some docs issues still to be cleaned up; the biggest one being that
> Thomas still has committed no documentation for the timestamp/interval
> precision features.
>
> None of the above look like RC1 stoppers to me, though.

Well, seeing as we aren't supposed to be doing _any_ tweeking after RC1
unless we can help it, it seems these may delay things.
(Docs/regression we can tweek.) If we can get the BeOS and R4000 stuff
done, or decide we don't want to get it done for 7.2, I think we are a
go.

I guess that was my issue, that we do have a few ports in flux, and it
would be nice to have these all nailed down by Monday, and the
docs/regression if possible.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us