Timing a query

From: "Elizabeth O'Neill" <elizabeth(dot)oneill(at)abcmail(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Timing a query
Date: 2001-11-27 12:17:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am currently evaluating PostgreSQL for a project I'm working on and need to find out how long it takes to execute several types of queries

Can someone tell me if there is a way of getting the time a query has taken to run to display after the query results ( where in gives the row count).

Thank you Liz