Time Zones and Brain Damage :)

From: Brian McCane <bmccane(at)mccons(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Time Zones and Brain Damage :)
Date: 2001-11-20 16:19:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Howdy,

At least 2 years ago, when I created my original PostgreSQL
database, I set the postmaster to have a default time zone of 'CDT6CST5'.
And it has happily given me all of my dates formatted like that ever
since.

Last night I setup a new database server and transferred one of
my more active databases from the old server to the new. Unfortunately,
I don't remember how to set the time zone. And, due to apparent brain
damage on my part, I cannot find it in the idocs either. Can anyone give
me a hand with this? I don't like thinking in GMT, it gives me a headache
(and makes me 5-6 hours early for all of my appointments :).

- brian

Wm. Brian McCane | Life is full of doors that won't open
Search http://recall.maxbaud.net/ | when you knock, equally spaced amid those
Usenet http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ | that open when you don't want them to.
Auction http://www.sellit-here.com/ | - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"