Re: constraint via selection

From: "Aasmund Midttun Godal" <postgresql(at)envisity(dot)com>
To: hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: constraint via selection
Date: 2001-11-17 19:09:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

I don't know much about this issue. but perhaps, since I assume the country codes are static, it would be faster if you just checked each individual value (especially if there are few of them) like so

CHECK code = 'no' OR code = 'de' OR code = 'se', etc.

I don't know.

Regards,

Aasmund.
On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 00:00:57 +1100, Horst Herb <hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au> wrote:

> Sorry, I probably should reformulate my question into "is there a more
> effficient constraint than a foreign key constraint for this simple
> problem"?
>
> Horst

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Aasmund Midttun Godal