Re: db connections in session variables

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: db connections in session variables
Date: 2001-11-13 21:49:41
Lists: pgsql-php

On Mar 13 Nov 2001 17:36, you wrote:
> I was wondering if it were possible to store a database connection in a
> session variable.

No! Because the persistent connection gets opened with one child, and when
you go for the next page you have very high probabilities (unless you have a
very poor http configuration) of caching a new child, and not the old one.

The problem comes here, just because the pconnect was done against the old
child, and the new one doesn't know a thing about the pconnect you did
before, so you'll allways (or almost always) an error of "wrong connection
id".

Hope I was clear.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?