Bug #502: Duplicate values in field with type primary key.

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #502: Duplicate values in field with type primary key.
Date: 2001-10-30 10:46:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Alex Yemelyanov (alex(at)otdyh(dot)kz) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Duplicate values in field with type primary key.

Long Description
There is a table, which keeps the last user's message on irc:

create table otdyh_last(
nick varchar(100)primary key,
message varchar(200),
end_time integer
);

While user enters on channel, two queries is executed:
1. delete from otdyh_last where nick = 'some_nick'
2. insert into otdyh_last values('some_nick','',time_of_join)

Somehow there is 33 unique values in the table in the field nick(text of value 'Nurlan'), I noticed this when trying to make vacuum.
I do not use transactions(mode Autocommit in DBI).

Contact me on email please and I'll send all the necessary.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report