Re: PL/pgSQL triggers ON INSERT OR UPDATE

From: san <san(at)cobalt(dot)rmnet(dot)it>
To: postgresql(at)envisity(dot)com, san(at)cobalt(dot)rmnet(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL triggers ON INSERT OR UPDATE
Date: 2001-10-23 19:23:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

From postgresql(at)envisity(dot)com Tue Oct 23 18:33:27 2001
From: "Aasmund Midttun Godal" <postgresql(at)envisity(dot)com>
To: san(at)cobalt(dot)rmnet(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] PL/pgSQL triggers ON INSERT OR UPDATE
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:31:12 GMT

First, I may be wrong but I do think they would prefer if you
did not cross-post (especially to hackers).

Second I think it probably make more sense to make two different
triggers here.

If you really wanted to do it that way you might want to try
executing that part.

Regards, Aasmund.

Thank you, I should have been *really* tired that night, but it is working
now ... No more complaints about missing OLD variable. It works as I wanted.

One trigger for both events, checks for TG_OP.

Sorry about cross-posting attempt ;)

please don't post that mail

--san;