Re: ECPG - connection name in "EXEC SQL AT ... " statement

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ECPG - connection name in "EXEC SQL AT ... " statement
Date: 2001-10-23 06:56:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:34:59AM +0200, Edward Pilipczuk wrote:
> I've faced with the problem when trying to pass dynamically connection name
> to DB into the "EXEC SQL AT ..." statement.

Hmm, the AT statement was never designed to get a dynamic connection name.
It appears there was some interaction with other changes.

> { ECPGdo(__LINE__, dbcn, "select value from table_name where key = ? ",

It did accept "dbcn" as connection name, but also add it to the variable
list, which of course is not correct.

> Is there any other solution ?

Use a static connection name? :-)

Just joking, this is a bug that has to be fixed.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De