psql: default base and password reading

From: Adam Osuchowski <adwol(at)polsl(dot)gliwice(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql: default base and password reading
Date: 2001-10-11 22:24:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hello,

in attachment I enclose patch on psql which fix two things:

1. If no database was given, template1 is assumed.
2. Password is reading from terminal (/dev/tty) rather than from stdin. It
was usable when we want to pipe sql script on psql and have set password at
the same time. It may be turned off, by pass -i option to psql. Then, psql
behave normally, like it is currently.

Sorry about increasing traffic, if it was already discussed, or it is solved
in other way.

--
## Adam Osuchowski adwol(at)polsl(dot)gliwice(dot)pl, adwol(at)silesia(dot)linux(dot)org(dot)pl
## Silesian University of Technology, Computer Centre Gliwice, Poland

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql.patch text/plain 3.6 KB