Re: help with an install problem

From: Jeremy Buchmann <jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: "postgresql" <pgsql(at)symcom(dot)com>
Cc: "admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help with an install problem
Date: 2001-10-04 18:57:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 02:25 PM, postgresql wrote:

> I hope someone here can help me with an install problem..
>
> I just upgraded to Mac osx 10.1. When I try to configure --with-tcl I
> get an error
> that 'wish' can not be found. Where do I get this? (this is not so
> important but I
> would like to use pgaccess)

Ted,

The Tcl that ships with OS X (haven't looked at 10.1 yet) doesn't
include some
stuff that you need for pgaccess. You have to download the Tcl 8.3
source and
then apply a patch, compile, install, and then, in theory, pgaccess
should run.
But it doesn't. I messed with for a few days and it couldn't properly
load some
dynamic library. Search the INTERFACES list for the thread I started on
this
topic.

If they have fixed Tcl in 10.1, please let me know. I'd love to run
pgaccess, too.