Re: developer's faq

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: developer's faq
Date: 2001-10-01 16:10:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > > Is the developer's faq still a valid document? After last nite's website
> > > changes I've been tracking down missing items and this one pops up. The
> > > only place I see it tho is in the cvs Attic. Isn't the attic where the
> > > junk goes that noone wants anymore? Is that where the faq belongs?
> >
> > It is in the main cvs and copied into the web directory. It is not in
> > the web cvs.
>
> Where? This is the only place I see it.
>
> $ locate faq-dev-english
> /cvsroot/www/html/docs/Attic/faq-dev-english.html,v
> /cvsroot/www/html/docs/Attic/faq-dev-english.shtml,v
> $

The pgsql CVS, not the www CVS:

$ ls pgsql/doc/src/FAQ
CVS/ FAQ_DEV.html FAQ_japanese.html
FAQ.html FAQ_german.html

I copy them to the web directory like the platform-specific FAQ's.

> I'm already getting a few things out of cvs now (TODO and flowchard are
> a couple) for the developer site. WebCVS will be there whenever SOMEONE
> gets around to some configuration changes I requested.

TODO should not be in the www CVS either. That is generated by txt2html
and I copy that to www too.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us