Re: LOCAL_CREDS -> SCM_CREDS in src/backend/libpq/auth.c:535

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bpalmer <bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LOCAL_CREDS -> SCM_CREDS in src/backend/libpq/auth.c:535
Date: 2001-09-26 19:53:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> For OpenBSD to work, we need a change from LOCAL_CREDS to SCM_CREDS.
> Bruce, I think you are familure with this one. Care to make the change?
> (I have no idea where to make it!).

OK, I have applied the following patch that fixes the problem on
OpenBSD. In my reading of the OpenBSD kernel, it has 'struct sockcred'
but has no code in the kernel to deal with SCM_CREDS or LOCAL_CREDS.
The patch tests for both HAVE_STRUCT_SOCKCRED and LOCAL_CREDS before it
will try local socket credential authentication. This means we have
local creds on Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, and BSD/OS. I will document this
in pg_hba.conf.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size