Re: Closing Cygwin's window

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "Tamara D(dot) Blum" <tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Closing Cygwin's window
Date: 2001-09-26 19:42:17
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Tamara,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 09:42:04AM -0300, Tamara D. Blum wrote:
> Is there something CygWin executes from a file when i close the window, just
> before ending the session (like the profile, but at the end of the session) ?

Assuming that you are using bash as your shell, we have the following
from the man page:

When a login shell exits, bash reads and executes commands
from the file ~/.bash_logout, if it exists.

> I want to kill in that moment the postmaster preventing anyone close the
> window without quiting the way they should.

Are you using Windows NT 4.0 or 2000? If so, then I recommend running
postmaster as an NT service, so that it automatically starts when the
machine boots and stops when the machine shuts down?

See the README for more details:

/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

Jason