byte and PHP

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: byte and PHP
Date: 2001-09-25 14:28:16
Lists: pgsql-php

I´m about to do some web aplications that will save data in a postgreSQL
database, but I have one problem: I don´t understand the way postgreSQL saves
byte files.

I heard about bytea and Large Objects. Are they the same?

And how do I insert, say, pdf files in my database?

I looked for examples, but didn´t find much (in PHP, obviously).

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?