Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 Initdb

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 Initdb
Date: 2001-09-25 13:20:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Dave,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:12:33AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

I have good news and bad news. I cannot reproduce your problem with the
2001/9/24 snapshot. My WAG is that you need to add ntsec to your CYGWIN
environment variable. Unfortunately, I cannot explain why your setup
works for 7.1.3 but not 7.2.

Remember that you must shutdown *all* Cygwin process before a change to
CYGWIN will take affect. Please report back to the list your findings.

> > BTW, does anyone know what is up with PostgreSQL CVS? I'm getting the
> > following:
> >
> > $ cvs up -d
> > cvs update: authorization failed: server postgresql.org
> > rejected access to /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot for user anoncvs
>
> Try the new root :pserver:anoncvs(at)anoncvs(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/projects/cvsroot

The above fixed my CVS problems.

Thanks,
Jason