Re: Bug?: Update on ancestor for a row of a child

From: Kevin Way <kevin(dot)way(at)overtone(dot)org>
To: Kovacs Baldvin <kb136(at)hszk(dot)bme(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug?: Update on ancestor for a row of a child
Date: 2001-09-24 02:51:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

> The problem is: when updating a row in an ancestor table,
> which is really belongs to a child, there's something wrong
> with the CHECK system.

Well, I believe you found one minor problem. The bigger one is still
lurking in the shadows though. To duplicate it, take my previous schema,
and add

lastlog TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

to the users table, between pass_hash and logged_in.

After doing so, you'll find that postgres actually crashes when you try
to insert a vote into the uservote table. That's the one that has me
looking at the costs involved with migrating to Oracle.

-Kevin