Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization
Date: 2001-09-22 04:56:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Three things that GB provided for their $25million:
>
> 1. Tom's ability to focus on programming more
> 2. Bruce's ability to travel and evangelize(sp?) more
> 3. www.greatbridge.org
>
> Three things that are going to change now that GB is gone:
>
> 1. tom's wife will see more of him
> 2. bruce's wife and kids will see more of him
> 3. www.greatbridge.org lives on as gborg.postgresql.org
>
> Two things that won't change much:
>
> 1. Tom's visibility in the groups and in the cvs commit logs
> 2. Bruce's visibility in the groups and in the cvs commit logs

Don't count us out yet. I belive I will find a job continuing to work
on PostgreSQL full-time and hope the others can do the same.

As for my wife, she actually saw more of me while I was at GB because
before I had a full-time job _and_ worked on PostgreSQL several hours a
day. With GB, I only worked on PostgreSQL, which freed up lots of time.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us