pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ...

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ...
Date: 2001-09-17 15:56:11
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org 01/09/17 11:56:11

Modified files:
src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1: ResultSetMetaData.java
src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: ResultSetMetaData.java

Log message:
Attached is a patch that fixes ResultSetMetaData.isNullable() in
the JDBC driver.

This method is currently unimplemented and always returns
ResultSetMetaData.columnNullable. This is obviously incorrect
when a column is defined with NOT NULL or PRIMARY KEY. And we
have to think of check constraints, views, functions etc.

The patch simply changes the return value to
ResultSetMetaData.columnNullableUnknown. This is until someone
comes up with a real implementation of course.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:53:50 +0200, Tomisaw Kity?ski wrote:
>Hello there,
>
>could someone tell me, please, do I have any chance to get
>proper implementation of above method in JDBC (1.1+) soon?
>
>Current "return 1" works fine on most tables, however it seems
>to be a little bit incorrect with some of them ;)

Ren? Pijlman