pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/ ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/ ...
Date: 2001-09-10 14:54:22
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org 01/09/10 10:54:22

Modified files:
src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc2:
ConnectionTest.java

Log message:
Attached is a patch that fixes
ConnectionTest.testTransactionIsolation() in the JDBC driver's
test suite. This reduces the number of failures of the test
suite from 7 to 6. The patch fixes the test case itself, rather
than the driver.

In addition to the change described in my posting below, I fixed
the part of the test with autocommit enabled. The author of the
test assumed that setting the transaction isolation level would
have no effect, but in fact it does. Perhaps the test case
worked with pre-7.1 behaviour, when the JDBC driver set the
isolation level in every transaction, instead of using "set
session characteristics". Anyway, now it works with a backend
built from current CVS and the behaviour is JDBC compliant.

I also extended the test case by changing the isolation level
before beginning a transaction and verifying it inside the
transaction.

Regards,
Ren? Pijlman