Problem with new anoncvs server

From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian(at)airs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with new anoncvs server
Date: 2001-09-08 21:21:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There seems to be a problem with the setup of the new anoncvs server.
I can not run `cvs update' on subdirectories after having done a
checkout.

I did this:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs(at)anoncvs(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/projects/cvsroot co pgsql

Now I can do this:
cd pgsql
cvs update -l .
but I can not do this:
cd pgsql
cvs update

When I try, I get this error:

cannot create_adm_p /tmp/cvs-serv56140/ChangeLogs
Permission denied

The process ID in the directory name changes each time I run it.

Unfortunately, the CVS server does not report a precise enough error
message to indicate exactly what it was trying to do when it got a
``Permission denied'' error. Basically, though, it was trying to
create a directory or a file on /tmp. What are the permissions on
/tmp? How is it mounted? What version of CVS are you running?

Please let me know if you can not recreate this problem.

Ian