Re: Question about todo item

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about todo item
Date: 2001-09-06 20:36:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have added to TODO:

BINARY DATA
o -Add non-large-object binary field (already exists -- bytea)
o -Make binary interface for TOAST columns (base64)
o Improve vacuum of large objects (/contrib/vacuumlo)
o Add security checking for large objects
o Make file in/out interface for TOAST columns, similar to large object
interface (force out-of-line storage and no compression)
o Auto-delete large objects when referencing row is deleted

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us